Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:24:31 -0200
From:      "Adolfo B. Ferreira" <bitchat@hotpop.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Maildrop

Hello Folks,

Could some one help me with maildrop?

I'm using FreeBSD 5.3 with all updated from CVS.
I'm trying to use maildrop with MYSQL and QUOTA but maildrop is not
connecting in MySQL.
I installed maildrop with
cd /usr/ports/mail/maildrop
make deinstall distclean WITH_MAILDIRQUOTA=yes WITH_TRASHQUOTA=yes
WITH_MYSQL=yes install clean
then i typed rehash and  maildrop -v
maildrop 1.6.3 Copyright 1998-2003 Double Precision, Inc.
Maildir quota extension enabled.
Virtual user database via MySQL extension enabled.
This program is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public
License. See COPYING for additional information.

When I try to run maildrop with echo "test"  | maildrop -V 5 -d
adolfo@anderung.com.br I got:
Invalid user specified.
but when I try with echo "test" | maildrop -V 5 -d root
maildrop: Changing to /root
Message start at 0 bytes, envelope sender=root
/usr/local/etc/maildrop/maildroprc(1): Opening
logfile /var/log/maildrop.log
maildrop: Attempting .mailfilter
maildrop: Delivering to /var/mail/root
maildrop: Appending to /var/mail/root.
maildrop: Delivery complete.

So what I could understand is that maildrop is delivering only for users
from /etc/passwd.
My maildropmysql.config is located
in /usr/locall/etc/maildrop/maildropmysql.config and I set it in
Makefile of maildrop port.
anderung# cat maildropmysql.config
hostname                localhost
port                    3306
socket                  /tmp/mysql.sock
database                postfix
dbuser                  DBUSER
dbpw                    DBPASSWD
dbtable                 mailbox
uid_field               username
uidnumber_field         uid
gidnumber_field         gid
maildir_field           maildir
homedirectory_field     home
quota_field             quota
mailstatus_field        active
where_clause            AND active = '1'

I have the user in the mailbox mysql table and the dbuser and dbpasswd
is correct.

What am I doing wrong with maildrop?

Thanks for all,

Adolfo Bravo Ferreira
Admninistrador de Redes / Analista de Segurança / Desenvolvedor
Grupo Ferreira Limitada
Telefone: 11 50628877