Date:      Sat, 16 Apr 2005 05:18:03 -0700
From:      Bruce M Simpson <bms@spc.org>
To:        Noritoshi Demizu <demizu@dd.iij4u.or.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TCP MD5 Signature option handling in tcp_syncache.c

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 02:35:21PM +0900, Noritoshi Demizu wrote:
>   2. The TCP MD5 Signature option is used iff an incoming SYN has the
>      TCP MD5 Signature option.  However, RFC2385 says in section 2.0
>      as following.
>
>      "Unlike other TCP extensions (e.g., the Window Scale option
>       [RFC1323]), the absence of the option in the SYN,ACK segment must not
>       cause the sender to disable its sending of signatures."
>
>      I am sorry if the current behavior is intentional, but should the
>      condition to turn on SCF_SIGNATURE be (tp->t_flags & TF_SIGNATURE)?

We can't make this change until we fix how security policy is implemented
for listening sockets, otherwise we end up in a situation where for example
a BGP listener can *only* accept MD5 sessions.

Thank you for the other suggested fixes, I will try to review them in more
depth when I have free time.

BMS