Date:      Sun, 18 Mar 2007 23:52:30 +0100
From:      Daniel Seuffert <DS@praxisvermittlung24.de>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: allBSD's "Stop the Blob" Campaign

Jona Joachim schrieb:
> On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 21:47:46 +0100
> des@des.no (Dag-Erling Smørgrav) wrote:
>
>> Jan Husar <jan.husar@skosi.org> writes:
>>> What this suppose to mean?  Allbsd is doing a pretty awesome job!
>> No matter how good a job they do, they still have to follow the law.
>
> What makes you say they violated the law? I'm quite sure some people of
> the FreeBSD Foundation were shown this before it was made public.
>
> Jona

Sure, allBSD has permission to use the Freebsd logo etc. and we use it
on labels, flyers etc. for years and we are following every advice Deb
Godkin has given us and I frequently mail him to take care everything
is done according to the policy the FreeBSD foundation has.

If somebody is irritated here: Yes, FreeBSD uses Blobs, but a lot of
people don't think this is a good idea (to promote that use). This
campaign is about telling people why Blobs are bad and why we need
support for freely available documentation. The upcoming flyer will
explain all the details. This poster is just the beginning please
don't forget.

Nobody told you Blobs are forbidden or FreeBSD should abandon all
Blobs etc. You are the user, you are the one responsible for your
machines. If you want to use Blobs please use them. That's the Free
in FreeBSD contrary to the policy of OpenBSD and nobody wants to
change that  ;-)

Best regards, Daniel