Date:      Sat, 06 Mar 1999 00:39:51 +0000
From:      Mike DuFresne <v_due@mindspring.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   TP755 and lockups

Hello,

	I have been trying to get FreeBSD installed onto my TP755C. I have
looked through dejanews and I cannot seem to find any references to my
particular problem. I have been trying to install using boot-pao.flp
versions 2.2.7 and 2.2.8. Unfortunately, the laptop wants to lockup all
of the time.

	I have shut off all of the unneeded devices in the laptop setup to
include the serial ports and the parallel port. I have also removed all
of the conflicts in the visual setup mode. When I attempt to save the
configuration, the laptop locks up and places the cursor in the upper
right hand corner of the screen.

	If I attempt to bypass the visual setup screen and boot right into the
install, it also locks up.

	Hardware:
		 IBM ThinkPad 755C - 486dx4 75
		 12mb RAM
		 Toshiba 2gig IDE drive
		 3.5" floppy
		 LinkSys Ether Fast 10/100 pcmcia NIC

	The BIOS on this machine has been updated with the latest version
available from IBM, and the HD is brand new. I had installed DRDOS 7.02,
so I can only assume the machine is in a useable state. If you can
enlighten me further, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thank You,

Mike DuFresne

--
In the immortal words of Socrates, who said: 'I drank what?'
						C. Knight