Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 2003 10:59:15 -0800
From:      "Lee Mx" <lee_ver_mx@hotmail.com>
To:        m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk
Cc:        Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: results of compiling with -lmysqlclient

>From: Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
>To: Lee Mx <lee_ver_mx@hotmail.com>
>CC: Questions@freebsd.org
>Subject: Re: results of compiling with -lmysqlclient
>Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 18:27:23 +0000
>
>On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 09:39:28AM -0800, Lee Mx wrote:
>
> > THanks a lot, Matthew.  I assumed as much.  I think I am going to start
> > backing up some of my more frequent libs
> > to a compat directory.  That seems to be the least bad solution.
>
>Note that portupgrade(1) and pkg_deinstall(1) do this automatically
>whenever you update a package containing share objects or libraries --
>check out /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg and the output of 'ldconfig -r'
>for details.  There's also the sysutils/libchk port which will help
>you find binaries that link against those old library versions.

Thanks, Matthew.  In this case the box and installation are new and the
programs are old.
I'm going to check out libchk.   In fact, I'm installing it as I write.  It
sounds like something
very useful that is missing in my took kit.

Thanks again,

les

Has one of the new viruses infected your computer?  Find out with a FREE
online computer virus scan from McAfee. Take the FreeScan now!