Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 14:17:00 -0400
From:      Drew Baxter <netmonger@genesis.ispace.com>
To:        Brian@awfulhak.org, Stephen Hocking-Senior Programmer PGS Tensor Perth <shocking@prth.pgs.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pppd & logging into NT servers

Not a big problem.  Most of the IPX stuff is with the Windows machines
anyway, and I already told them what they can do with those. :-)

Was just making sure I didn't have a switch problem and it really was
supposed to...  Noticed Win98 doesn't detect PAP from Userland PPP either,
but it auths me and lets me in, good enough..

> Hmm.. Dunno.. I'm going to integrate a question into that.
>
> Is there any way to make userland ppp route IPX?  I noticed it doesn't on
> its own, using MGetty to pass off my PAP no problem.  Trying to get it to
> route the proto used most within our system..
[.....]

Nope.  Currently, the tun device doesn't support IPX either.  I'd
fix this at some point if I ever get a reasonable amount of time
together - but that's not gonna happen in the near future :-/

> ---
> Drew "Droobie" Baxter
> Network Admin/Professional Computer Nerd(TM)
> OneEX: The OneNetwork Exchange 207-942-0275
> http://www.droo.orland.me.us

      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;

---