Date:      28 Apr 1996 16:03:25 -0400
From:      Robert Nicholson <robert@elastica.com>
To:        Matthias.Apitz@SoftcoN.de (Matthias Apitz)
Cc:        2864i-testers@zyxel.com, flexfax@sgi.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anybody using a Zyxel Elite 2864? (Can not deduce modem type)

I'm confused... look at this.

ati1
 4081

E2864  V 1.12

OK
at&f
OK
AT&F&B1&S0S18=4S38.3=1S2=042E0V1Q0S0=0H0
OK

I didn't get two OK's... perhaps it's an ISDN only problem? (Don't you
use a european firmware revision?)

Still though I get the cannot deduce modem errors without the FAQ
hylafax patch and the correct S18 setting.

So for now I might be able to get by with your config file.

I take it S18 is the DTE thing that changed.

BTW:...

RE: see the HylaFAX man pages of log(4) and config(4) and the
man pages of your syslogd(1M) for the information how to trace
the modem communication.

I set SessionTracing to 16383 ... it still doesn't put modem commands
in my log file. Syslog is set correctly. Also, is the PPP that ships
with freebsd configured to use "daemon" also? That's a bit of a bitch
because you end up with both PPP and Hylafax information in the log
file.