Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 2000 23:34:09 +0100
From:      "Eirik Apeland" <eapeland@c2i.net>
To:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ipfw question

Hi.

I'm running a "simple" firewall with the rc.firewall script, and have
added a few lines of my own to it.

I have a dailup connection to my ISP, so I can't use a "real"
IP for my ISDN card.

Anyone know how to implement the IP I'm getting from my ISP
into my ipfw rules?

ex.

        # set these to your outside interface network and netmask and ip
        oif="isp0"
        onet="0.0.0.0"
        omask="255.255.255.0"
        oip="0.0.0.1"

        # set these to your inside interface network and netmask and ip
        iif="xl0"
        inet="10.0.0.0"
        imask="255.255.255.0"
        iip="10.0.0.10"

        # Stop spoofing
        ${fwcmd} add deny all from ${onet}:${omask} to any in via ${iif}

This rule will be all wrong as it is today.

Hope you understand what I'm after here :)

Regards
Eirik