Date:      Fri, 4 May 2001 20:13:36 +1000
From:      "Educatee" <educatee2001@yahoo.com>
To:        "FreeBSD questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   How to make a script recognized "stop"

I have put a few line to run http-gw in a script file http-gw.sh:

-------------------
#!/bin/sh
/usr/local/libexec/http-gw -daemon 3210
echo -n 'http-gw started ok'

How could I make it recognized the stop signal. As everytime when I reboot
my machine using

shutdown -r now

I was prompt that this script does not recognized the stop  and was
recommended to do so. Can you please help me? Thanks.

By the way, I am very new to FreeBSD and will like to learn how to write
script. Can you please recommend some URL or books. Thanks.