Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 1999 01:29:52 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Greg Quinlan <greg@swlct.sthames.nhs.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Slapd (LDAP) Problems

Greg Quinlan wrote:

> The only difference I can see is that the development of openldap, is as its
> name suggests, "open." That any modifications to the "core standard product"
> be publicly shared, and properly documented. Selling Openldap as a separate
> product is also NOT allowed. Selling support, Selling it as part of another
> product, Selling installation of it.....etc is permitted. Essentially your
> not allowed to steal-it call it your own!!!
>
> This is surely a good thing?

We, people who prefer BSD over GPL, think it is not.

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	"Then again maybe not going to heaven would be a blessing. Relkin
liked a certain amount of peace and harmony, since there'd been a
pronounced shortage of them in his own life; however, nothing but
peace and harmony, forever and forever? He wasn't sure about that.
And no beer? Very dubious proposition."