Date:      Sun, 30 Dec 2001 12:23:03 -0600 (CST)
From:      mark tinguely <tinguely@web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>
To:        dah@hauan.org, grog@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Nick.Barnes@pobox.com
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD for home security cameras?

in the thread of using FreeBSD as a security environment --
on  Sat, 29 Dec 2001 09:58:54 +0000,> Dave <dah@hauan.org> asks:

>  I too have an intrest in this, which leads
>  to the question.. What motion capture
>  cameras work with FreeBSD?

there was a thread on video motion detection ideas for FreeBSD on the
freebsd-multimedia mailing list in the Dec 8-13, 2001 timeframe
under the Subject of "Motion detection software?". This thread
should be available on the archives.

The multimedia mailing list may be a better place to talk specifics.

BTW, the old Matrox meteor board allowed software switchable video inputs.

--mark tinguely