Date:      Wed, 17 Apr 2002 13:13:49 -0400
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
Cc:        <freebsdm@mauibuilt.com>, <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: 802.11a PCI cards.

Heh, I just did a cvsup recently (the card is in a 5.0 current only,
have not tried 4.5 stable with airtools), and -p 0 did nothing, and the
card stopped working, I had to change to -p 3 for it to work. (I'm not a
programmer in any way what so ever, so I can only guess someone fixed
something, as previously I could not get it to work on -p any_value
except 0) I'm not running any sort of access point, nor am I running any
type of dhcp client.  I actually got the card to see if I could setup an
access point of sorts, but only seem to be able to run it in adhoc mode
(which is fine as I only have 1 other card, for my laptop, so peer to
peer is fine, and the bsd box does the routing). Probably the wrong
list, but does anyone know offhand how to force the DWL 650 pci card to
work in bss mode rather then adhoc.