Date:      Thu, 28 May 1998 13:37:56 -0500
From:      "Scot W. Hetzel" <hetzels@westbend.net>
To:        "FreeBSD-Ports" <FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ports/4878: Could somebody please add it to the Ports Collection?

From: Matthew Hunt <mph@pobox.com>

>On Thu, May 28, 1998 at 12:46:30PM -0500, Scot W. Hetzel wrote:
>
>> Just wondering when the apache-FrontPage port will be added to the ports
>> collection.
>
>"When somebody feels like it."
>
>I suspect that the main problem is that most of us committers are not
>in a position to test it, not having Windows machines to do FP stuff
>from to verify minimal functionality.

Not having a windows machine to test the functionality of the port is a set
back to getting it commited to the collection.  But I have had several third
parties testing the port out, to ensure that it is functional.   Even one of
the coreteam members ( Poul-Henning Kamp ), checked the port and helped
provide a few patches for the port.

>Despite that, I had some free time a week or two ago and figured I'd
>just make sure it built, installed, packaged, and deinstalled, and
>assume that the actual functionality was correct since people seem to be
>using it. :-)  However, ftp.microsoft.com decided that I was undeserving,
>and just stopped sending me data midway through the transfer.  I've
>been devoting my attention to other ports instead since then.

Thanks for the effort to try to test it out.

Scot