Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2002 19:30:45 +0200
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Tony Saign <tony@saign.com>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: serious problem with wi(4) (D-Link DWL-650)

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 08:53:54AM -0700, Tony Saign wrote:
> This started w/ 4.5 stable about 3 months ago, I just tolerated it for
> the most part. Can duplicate on an IBM T20 or a Toshiba Tecra.
> Receive is always normal, but whenever I would try to upload to another
> system, the card will sometimes lock the machine.

Indeed, I could reproduce the problem on two different Toshiba Satellite
models, in addition to my Dell Inspiron. Something seems seriously broken
in wi(4), at least with the D-Link DWL-650 card.

> Good luck!

The problem goes away turning WEP off. Perhaps a wi(4) expert may find a
workaround in the future. Now I have a strong reason for configuring IPSEC
;-)

--
****** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose@we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas@FreeBSD.org ******
** "Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers" --  Leonard Brandwein **