Date:      Mon, 27 Feb 2012 20:37:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Michael L. Squires" <mikes@siralan.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing amanda 3.2 from ports

I'm in the process of installing amanda 3.2 (misc/amanda-server) using
ports with an Overland AIT-3 library as the storage medium.

So far I haven't had a problem with going through the "Build a Basic
Configuration" instructions on wiki.zmanda.com.  I did have to create a
different "amanda" login entry which allowed for "su - amanda" in order to
follow the instructions (using "su - amanda").

The server is running 8.3-PRERELEASE/amd64 at this point; the clients will
be a CENTOS 6.2 server, a FreeBSD 8.3-STABLE client, and three XP SP3 PCs.
I will eventually try to add a Mac client.

If there's anyone who's done this before, especially 3.x, and who has
words of wisdom I'd very much appreciate the information.

Mike Squires
mikes at siralan.org
UN*X at home
since 1986