Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 2002 01:22:35 +0100
From:      Eivind Eklund <eivind@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Pete Fritchman <petef@databits.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: hugelatex / teTeX / conflicts between different ports (generic)

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 06:54:05PM -0500, Pete Fritchman wrote:
> ++ 29/03/02 00:45 +0100 - Eivind Eklund:
> | filechecker is a small script I wrote; available from
> | 	http://people.freebsd.org/~eivind/filechecker
> |
> | It does some consistency checks on /var/db/pkg/, and I'm intending to also
> | make to do consistency checks against the actual file system, but presently it
> | only does duplicate file registration checks.
>
> Cool!  Have you considered committing this to ports/Tools/scripts? :)

I was planning to add it as an a non-distfile port (like cdiff, my diff
viewer, and safesh, my ssh authentication manager - the latter is highly
recommended for anybody using ssh keys towards different servers, BTW) as soon
as I've finished it - ie, added support for verifying e.g. /usr/local against
the package database, and written a manpage.  This would probably be later
tonight or tomorrow.

I'd think the verification of what is actually installed (including finding
files that are not registered in /var/db/pkg) would make it generally useful
so it should be a port - do you agree?

Eivind.