Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 00:55:38 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matt Bayliss <m.bayliss@excite.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   moving filesystem

Hi,

** Please reply to m.bayliss@excite.com as well as this list

How can I move the entire FreeBSD installation from one slice to another?

I had to install FreeBSD from a DOS partition (a primary one at that) and
now
the first 1GB of my drive is unused.

Can I mount a root partition on the first slice?  What will this do to the
root partition on the slice I'm using now?

I considered creating duplicate subdirectories with similar names to "/",
"var"
and "usr" on the first slice - copying the file structure and renaming the
mount points when I'm sure I'm done.  Will this work?

Please advise before I ruin my filesystem.

p.s. no alternative installation options work for me - otherwise yes, I
would
take the 'easy' way out.

/\/\att\/
~~~~~~~/