Date:      Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:00:51 -0400
From:      Jung-uk Kim <jkim@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-amd64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Hi

On Tuesday 16 August 2005 11:46 am, Ken Gunderson wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:23:52 -0400
>
> Scott Long <scottl@samsco.org> wrote:
> > No.  Apparently the latest X11 DRI/DRM code will work with an AGP
> > R3xx card, but not a PCI-E R3xx card.  I don't know the status
> > beyond that.
>
> Good toknow.  Per the radeon manpage
> <http://www.x.org/X11R6.8.2/doc/radeon.4.html>; pcie falls back to
> pci:
>
> PCIE -- PCI Express (falls back to PCI at present)
> (used only when DRI is enabled)
>
> So I took that to mean that DRI worked....

Not exactly.  PCI fall-back doesn't seem to work well and there are
other issues.  I am willing to spend more time on this issue but I
don't have hardware to test. :-(

However, you can try the latest (but experimental) DRM and Xorg.

DRM patch:
http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/drm_vs_fbsd-20050815.diff

ports/x11-servers/xorg-server-snap patch:
http://people.freebsd.org/~jkim/xorg-server-snap.diff

Jung-uk Kim