Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 2000 05:39:33 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ftp and /etc/services...

This is on a recently-built -current box.  When I try to move ftp from
port 21 to port 2121 in /etc/services, I get a "Connection
refused" message when I try to login to anonymous ftp sites.  Should ftp
be this dependent on /etc/services?  What if you _have_ no services
running, e.g. inetd & portmap?  Returning ftp to port 21 in services fixes
this problem.  I posted earlier about my problems with ftp recently.

-Donn