Date:      Wed, 24 Mar 2010 22:03:34 +0000
From:      Krzysztof Dajka <alteriks@gmail.com>
To:        Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't boot after make installworld

Thanks a lot for clarifying.  I think that I'm going to stick with
STABLE release, as it reflects my expectations and time I can dedicate
to tinker with my system.

For some while I thought that I would return to Debian, because I
became used to it's pros and cons. Thanks to experience I gained in
few months in FreeBSD land I didn't think about Debian in GNU/Linux
incarnation, but at least Debian/kFreeBSD. Unfortunately as of today
Debian/kFreeBSD doesn't support booting from zfs. I think that it was
good idea to migrate to FreeBSD, as for now I'm missing fast upgrades
and deployment which are Debian assets, but I'm getting used to ports
and possibility of tuning system.

I've read thread
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-fs/2010-March/007956.html,
PJD is suggesting to enable few options in kernel:
>       options         WITNESS
>       options         WITNESS_SKIPSPIN
>       options         INVARIANTS
>       options         INVARIANT_SUPPORT
>       options         DEBUG_VFS_LOCKS
>       options         DEBUG_LOCKS
>       options         KDB
>       options         DDB

Is there something else I should turn on in kernel before running
bonnie++ which will surely crash my system? And one more question is
there a way to build new kernel which would be called ie kernel_debug
which I would load only when needed?

                                                               On
3/24/10, Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com> wrote:
>Since you replied to Mark and I personally -- can you send a copy of
>this mail back to the mailing list?  Others should be able to help
>answer the above questions; in this case, more eyes = good.  :-)

Sorry about that sending mails not to everyone happens to me all the time ;)