Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2001 20:30:35 -0700
From:      Craig Sebenik <craig@netapp.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Sound Blaster 16 PCI problem

Hi,

I am running FreeBSD 4.3. I have only added a couple of devices to the
generic kernel. Specifically, I added the pcm and sbc devices. (I only
added the sbc driver as a blind stab to get the sound card to work.)

I have a Creative Labs Sound Blaster 16 PCI card. It looks like things are
sort of working:

exit:~> dmesg |grep pcm
pcm0: <AudioPCI ES1371> port 0xdf00-0xdf3f irq 11 at device 13.0 on pci1

I can listen to CDs just fine. However, when I try to play MP3s, it kinda
sounds like playing a 45RPM record at 33 1/3 speed: a female voice sounds
like Barry White and the volume is VERY low. So, it is sort of working,
but not quite. I have tried using a couple of different mp3 players,
including mp3blaster and mpg123.

I was hoping that someone may be able to help me out. I don't know what
other info you may need, so please ask away if I forgot to mention
somehting obvious.

(I am not subscribed to this list, so please CC me in any response back to
the list.)

BTW, I have searched several web sites and cannot find anything pertinent.
Please let me know if I missed something obvious. :)

TIA!
Craig.