Date:      Fri, 27 Oct 2000 02:53:33 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Ken Bolingbroke <hacker@bolingbroke.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: System Recommendation

Ken Bolingbroke writes:
> For low traffic?  I have a '386 with 20MB RAM doing exactly that, running
> web, mail, DNS, and NAT in front of several other machines.  It performs
> adequately, at least. :-)

Yup. For the gateway box to be become the bottleneck, it has to be
incapable of shuffling data fast enough to fill your internet
connection. If you've got enough bandwidth for that to be possible
with anything FreeBSD will run on, then you've got more bandwidth than
you need for a low traffic site.

	<mike