Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 2004 18:48:44 +0100
From:      Sven <sven@sandcat.nl>
To:        Uri.Shenderovich@ecitele.com
Cc:        Freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SpeedTouch 510 v4

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 09:36:37AM +0200, Uri.Shenderovich@ecitele.com wrote:
> Did anybody succeed to work with this modem ?
>
> Thanks,
> Uri
 ---end quoted text---

Yes, I got one from my ISP. Out of the box it does a terrible job doing
NAT (heavy loads caused it to reset), so I turned it into a dumb modem
with a so-called "sipspoofing" template. If you have a choice I strongly
advise against this type. Just get the dumbest modem you can find and
let OpenBSD handle nat and firewalling, as it's vastly superior.

HTH,
Sven
--
Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you.
-- C. G. Jung (1875-1961)