Date:      14 Aug 2002 11:54:55 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
To:        NIIMI Satoshi <sa2c@sa2c.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: ports/41300: textproc/scrollkeeper should have BUILD_DEPENDS for textproc/docbook-xml

On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 00:46, NIIMI Satoshi wrote:
> Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org> writes:
>
> > You're right.  docbook-xml doesn't list catalog as a plist file.  This
> > means it won't be removed if docbook-xml is uninstalled.  Not sure if
>
> In docbook-xml/pkg-plist, there is a line "@unexec mkcatalog ... deinstall".
> mkcatalog will remove empty catalog files.
>
> > this is the maintainer's intention or not.  I'll add an explicit
> > dependency to docbook-xml to get around this problem.
>
> The original PR was not correct.  What should be done in scrollkeeper
> port is to add "@unexec xmlcatalog --del" lines in pkg-plist to remove
> entities which are added by "xmlcatalog --add" in pkg-install.

I've changed scrollkeeper to revert the catalog file back to the
originals (before we installed scrollkeeper).  Unfortunately, this isn't
perfect, because the mkcatalog produces SGML catalog files, but really,
they should be XML.  If they were, we could simply add and delete the
necessary scrollkeeper DTD.

Simply removing the added DTDs would probably not work since the file
format would still be XML, and docbook-xml installed an SGML catalog
file :-(.

Joe