Date:      Mon,  7 Apr 97 10:19:15 -0800
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz"  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
To:        Doug White  <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>, Doug White  <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI Booting Problem under v2.2.1, please help.

> Rebuild your kernel, modifying the 'kernel' line to point to the proper
> disk.  ALso, if a ide controller is in this computer, disable it.

Ok, but what do I set the kernel line to?  Mine looks like this:

config	kernel	root on sd1

My kernel is on sd1s2a (See below about what I have to type at the boot: to
get it running.

Also, the primary IDE controller is turned off, the secondary is on for use
with the IDE CD-ROM, but that does not affect my boot.

-Sean

> > When it boots (Either when I use fdisk to make the partition active or
using
> > the NTv4 boot manager) it finds the boot, starts and boots from:
> > 0:sd(0,a)/kernel
> > It works fine until it tries to mount root, then it panics.  If I use the
boot
> > option to specify where to boot from and change it to:
> > 0:sd(1,a)/kernel
>
> > Evrything works fine,

Sean J. Schluntz                                  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
Manager, Support Services                        ph. 408.997.6900 x222
PinPoint Software Corporation                    fx. 408.323.2300
6155 Almaden Expressway, Suite 100
San Jose, CA.  95120                             http://www.pinpt.com/

Local Time Sent: 04/07/97 10:19:15