Date:      Sat, 5 Jan 2002 04:02:27 -0500
From:      "C J Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
To:        "Greg Lehey" <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <questions@freebsd.org>, "FreeBSD Hackers" <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Does FreeBSD have a problem with some AMD processors?

Greg,

One question... are you using the latest mobo BIOS?  My friend purchased
that board and threw a 1.2GHz TBird in it.  It was quite unstable until he
upgraded the BIOS.

When I purchased my board, it was the 1st thing I did and I haven't have any
trouble with it yet.  I've got a 1.1GHz and 3 128MB PC133 (mixed brands on
top of it all) DIMMs in there.  Lots-o-ATA devices, and I'm currently
running 4.4-STABLE.

The box is solid as a rock, have yet to cause it to panic/crash/etc...

--Chris