Date:      Mon, 7 Oct 2013 21:21:41 -0700
From:      Chris Stankevitz <chrisstankevitz@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/network-natd.html

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2011-April/229017.html

Hello,

Handbook section 31.9.3 suggests I should, among other things, add the
line ipdivert_load="YES" to /boot/loader.conf when setting up NAT.

The mailing list message linked above suggests that the handbook
information is the "old way" and that the correct way is to set
ipfw_enable and natd_enable in rc.conf.  "Then /etc/rc.d/ipfw will
load ipfw.ko, and if natd_enable is set, will invoke /etc/rc.d/natd,
which loads ipdivert.ko at the right time."

My inclination is to follow the handbook, but I thought I should first
check to ensure the handbook is up-to-date.

Thank you,

Chris