Date:      Fri, 07 Jan 2000 15:49:57 -0800
From:      Joseph Scott <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
To:        Thomas Fortin <t14@t14.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

Thomas Fortin wrote:

> I am using Majordomo for a mailing list distribution but not for a discussion list
> (only one person is allowed to post, many receive) and am having a very hard time
> securing the list aliases so that they are not included on the outgoing headers to
> make sure that hackers can't send to the list but people can still subscribe/
> unsubscribe.
>
> Are there any resources on how to secure Majordomo for one way distribution ?
>
> Are there any other reliable mailing systems on FreeBSD that would handle bounces and
> subscribes/unsubscribes ?

	( I don't think my initial reply to this went through ).

	I've been using mailman ( see www.list.org ) for several, relatively
small, internal use lists and have been very happy with it.  After
testing it out for awhile majordomo was retired.  Mailman has the
features that I'd hoped/wished for in a modern, open source, free mlm.

--

Joseph Scott
joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu