Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 14:05:05 -0800
From:      borehawg <bangpath@bellsouth.net>
To:        John Sconiers <jrs@enteract.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: strating the GUI

I think it's called kdm.  I haven't ever used it, because I prefer to
maintain a command line freedom of action.
Also, if you want to pay for a commercial x-server, like Metro-X or
AcceleratedX or something, then that feature is available as part of the
server package.

Look in /usr/ports/x11 or better yet, go into /stand/sysinstall and look
thru the individual packages since there will be a small, concise
description at the bottom when you're scrolling thru the packages.

Andrew   --->   bangpath@bellsouth.net