Date:      Tue, 11 Apr 95 16:04:00 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        jc@irbs.com (John Capo)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: Missing telent login prompt

[ ... telnet dropped prompt problem ... ]

> It worked with 1.1.5.1 so I guess we have lost the hacks to fix it.

No.  What happened is that 2.0 is running entirely different code.  The
telnet in 2.0 is the new stuff from Cray.

The hacks haven't been lost, the entire code has been lost.

On the other hand, the Cray code supports a number of options and other
things that the 4.3 code was getting too old to handle.

Probably, the Cray code should be rehacked according to the old
behaviour to maintain backward compatability with old broken systems.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.