Date:      Thu, 11 Oct 2001 21:10:24 -0400
From:      "Mary Kay" <mkay1971@hotmail.com>
To:        "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problems accepting TCP connections

Thanks. I traced DNS and sure enough when an ftp client connection came in I
saw the server request a lookup on its own local hostname (not sure I
understand why it would do this, I was expecting to maybe see a reverse DNS
on the client address).

Anyway, I added the local box to its own /etc/hosts and of course there is
no longer the lookup on the connection, so if it is a DNS issue with my
provider hopefully this will work around it.

mk