Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 2003 13:08:52 +0100 (CET)
From:      Christian Kratzer <ck@cksoft.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        dirk@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Standalong (cgi) php

Hi,

I recall some discussion beginning of the month on getting back the
standalone functionality to the php port.  We use the cgi version of
php on our virtual webservers so that we can run customer cgi's as their
own users using suexec.

Because the php port has been stripped of standalone functionality we
have to either maintain a separate port to get the cgi version which is
not too satisfactory ;-(

I could of course modify the mod_php4 port and send a pr but without
discussion and consencus we propably wouldn't  get that committed which
is why I would like to discuss what would be best in this situation.

What exactly was the problem that caused the standalone port to be dropped ?

Greetings
Christian

--
CK Software GmbH
Christian Kratzer,		Schwarzwaldstr. 31, 71131 Jettingen