Date:      Thu, 7 Jul 2005 14:40:09 -0400
From:      Hakim Singhji <hzs202@gmail.com>
To:        talk@lists.nycbug.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Minimum Install w/ X11 on Virtual PC

Hi All,

I am going to install FreeBSD 5.4 on MS Virtual PC. My PC (IBM
Thinkpad R51) only has 256MB of RAM available. I do not want to
install Gnome or KDE however I would like the benefits of colors in
text editors, backgrounds, etc. as this is going to be a testing
environment for application development.

What is the best way to go about doing this? In VPC I allot
approximately 96MB of RAM for the Virtual Machine and I was thinking
256MB for virtual SWAP (would that even help... the default is like
166MB for 96MB of RAM... or something like that.

Again... how can I get the most out of x11/xorg with out using a great
deal of resources?

Best,
--=20
Hakim Singhji
hzs202@nyu.edu
"Where danger is, grows the saving power also" (qtd. in Heidegger 28).