Date:      Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:59:09 -0700
From:      Brandon Fosdick <brandon.h.fosdick@lmco.com>
To:        Max Khon <fjoe@iclub.nsu.ru>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: More mount_smbfs

Max Khon wrote:
> hi, there!
>
> On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 10:06:28AM -0700, Brandon Fosdick wrote:
>

>>Thanks to Will Saxon I'm finally able to mount Samba shares on my 5.1-R
>>box using the command
>>
>>mount_smbfs -I 129.197.36.34 -W acct01 //bfosdick@129.197.36.34/net-11
>>/sp/net-11
>>
>>which then prompts me for my password. So now the question is...how do I
>>put this in /etc/fstab? What do I do about the password?
>
> look in /etc/nsmb.conf for examples. passwords should be encrypted
> by 'smbutil crypt'

I can get everything to work expect for the password part. With this in
/etc/fstab

//bfosdick@129.197.36.34/net-11 /sp/net-11      smbfs   rw      0      0

and this in /etc/nsmb.conf

[129.197.36.34]
addr=129.197.36.34
workgroup=acct01
password=<secret>

If I do 'mount /sp/net-11' it asks me for my password instead of looking
in the config file.

If I try 'mount_smbfs -N //bfosdick@129.197.36.34/net-11' I get

mount_smbfs: unable to open connection: syserr = Authentication error

The password I put in /etc/nsmb.conf is just the output from smbutil crypt.