Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:49:45 +0100
From:      Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SmartMedia reader for -stable?

Hi.

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 12:19:18PM -0600, Mike Meyer wrote:
> Hearing that the SanDisk CF reader works on the umass driver, I
> figured I should see about finding something similar for the
> SmartMedia cards my camera uses. SanDisk makes a USB smartmedia
> ImageMate, but doesn't appear to work. From looking through the umass
> driver, it seems that CBI with CCI doesn't work, nor does the ATAPI
> command set. Does anyone know if one of these are what's causing the
> problem? Is there a SmartMedia reader that works with umass?
>
> I've also got a FlashPath adaptor (came with the camera), but that
> looks an even less likely prospect.
>
> Any other options I should consider?

I use an PCMCIA Adaper with my notebook. There are also PCMCIA Slots as
ISA (or PCI, if that works meanwhile), which you could use. Apart from
that, there are ATA-Flash Readers for SCSI. Even though there are also
some for IDE, I wouldn't use them, as you have to reboot for inserting a
new Card...

Bye, Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | http://www.obh.snafu.de/~ob/ |