Date:      Sat, 6 May 2006 10:07:20 +1000
From:      "Lennon Cook" <maguswizardo@gmail.com>
To:        "Stephanie Bridges" <sbridges@iastate.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problem with cordless mouse/Keyboard combo set

Stephanie Bridges <sbridges@iastate.edu> wrote:
> I had the same problem with the mouse (would occasionally move the cursor=
,
> never any clicks) until I accidentally got the receiver closer to the
> mouse.  I now have the receiver about three inches away from the mouse.
> Works wonderfully well now.
Thanks Stephanie, but unfortunately that didn't help here. I have
moved my receiver so close to the mouse that its hard to not bump
them, but the mouse still doesn't work.

What I have noticed since I sent my original message, is that
/dev/sysmouse exists even when only the non-working mouse is connected
nto the system. Does this mean that FreeBSD /is/ detecting the mouse
(and hence that I should be looking somewhere else than this list for
the problem), or does that file simply always exist?

--
Lennon Victor Cook
"He who receives an idea from me receives without lessening, as he who