Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 1997 13:25:57 -0700
From:      Sean Eric Fagan <sef@Kithrup.COM>
To:        alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Its arrived

In article <2640.869598910.kithrup.freebsd.freebsd-arch.alpha@orion.webspan.net> you write:
>> Before that, I ran Red Hat Linux just to see what they were up to and
>> I wasn't much impressed.
>This is something I've heard echoed from friends. Linux/Alpha is fine
>for desktop machines that you can crash regularly, but don't expect it
>to have long uptimes.

Wow.  This is *not* what Linus tells me.  And while he may be biased, he's
been fairly honest with me.

However, he probably doesn't use a Red Hat distribution, except for the
utilities :).

If anyone really wants linux for teh alpha to do development, I can try
asking him about it.  (I know where the ducks in his apartment complex live,
so he has to help me. :))