Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 2003 02:21:26 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        Tokarev <villi@flux.leasat.net>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup freebsd 5.1 fail

On Friday 11 July 2003 01:55 am, Tokarev wrote:
> Hello all. cvsup problem.... 4.8->5.1
> make bildworld
>
> building shared library libkse.so.1
> thr_libc.So: In function `sigaction':
> thr_libc.So(.text+0x54): multiple definition of `_sigaction'
> thr_sigaction.So(.text+0x0): first defined here
> thr_libc.So: In function `sigprocmask':
> thr_libc.So(.text+0x34): multiple definition of `_sigprocmask'
> thr_sigprocmask.So(.text+0x0): first defined here
> *** Error code 1
>
> Does anyone know someting about this?

Too many choices to guess. You didn't say whether you cvsuped tag=. or what.
If you are going to upgrade to 5.x, you are supposed to follow -current
because that is where most of the people using it are.

In an upgrade to 5.x, there is a procedure in /usr/src/UPDATING that you are
supposed to follow. When I installed 5.0-r on opal, I did a clean install.
So, I have never used the procedure to do an upgrade. Opal is currently
running 5-current right now.

If you cvsuped tag=., you may have hit the upgrade to gcc-3.3.1, which was
posted as a HEADSUP to -current.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart