Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 1998 10:06:36 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Fieber <jfieber@indiana.edu>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [PORTS] Pgaccess doesn't run on -current anymore, Update

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998, Amancio Hasty wrote:

> On 25-Mar-98 Satoshi Asami wrote:
> >  * Why?
> > Because it's a waste of time.  If you want to know what happened
> > before, anyone can go check the mail archives.
>
> We need a decent search engine for the mail archives and possibly also
> provide a threaded list of the archived messages.

Show me a free mail threader that won't be completely crushed
when you throw 600+ megabytes of mail at it and I'll be most
appreciative.  I've actually considered postgres for a thread
index based on message-id, but mail clients are a lot worse, on
average, with proper referencing than news clients so the
threading achieved by this method is little better than sorting
by subject line.

Anyway, what is needed in this case is for someone to write up a
summary of the state of tcl as it pertains to ports and porting,
and add that to the porting section of the handbook
(www.freebsd.org/handbook/porting.html).

-john