Date:      Sat, 05 Feb 2000 02:50:14 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Pat Lynch <lynch@bsd.unix.sh>
Cc:        "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD at LinuxWorld.

At 09:03 PM 2/4/2000 , Pat Lynch wrote:

>         It was good meeting you....we may disagree about alot of things,
>but when you put a face to a name and actually have a conversation...its
>alot different then semi-flame wars on mailing lists.

Disagreeing is fine. (Without disagreement, there'd be no productive
brainstorming, no new ideas, no growth. Wasn't it Aristotle who said
that the "dialectic" was the source of everything good?) But flaming
for its own sake ISN'T good, so I'm glad we had the chance to meet
in person. I hope that if you do go to Andover that you can help to
make "Slashburn" a less harsh and more supportive environment.... It
gets NASTY there sometimes.

--Brett