Date:      Wed, 29 Jun 2005 21:22:28 -0500
From:      Nikolas Britton <nikolas.britton@gmail.com>
To:        Scott Neville <Scott@worldsofwar.co.uk>,  FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: waiting 15 seconds for scsi devices to settle

On 6/29/05, Scott Neville <Scott@worldsofwar.co.uk> wrote:
> Thanks for your help, the controler is listed on that page and uses the i=
da(4) driver.  I have tried a differnt cable (one that i tested on another =
server) and that has made no change, I have changed the terminators which h=
ave made no change either.  As for jumpers I cant find any on the card but =
as its a programmable card which is set to the manufacture defaults (which =
work fine on my other server), I am assuming they are correct.  I have just=
 tried removing every device leaving just 1 processor a floppy drive 1 scsi=
 drive plugged direct into the motherboard and one chip of ram and i still =
get the same problem :(
>=20
> Many thanks for your time
>=20
> Scott Neville
>=20

Yes... But what happens if you remove or disable the SCSI card....
Boot the system with a LiveCD such as knoppix with the SCSI card and
without the SCSI card or disabled in the BIOS. You have to rule out a
hardware problem first... if it works in Linux it's most like not a
hardware problem....