Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 1998 12:38:10 -0600
From:      Karl Denninger  <karl@mcs.net>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CURRENT Kernel Status

Well, its better :-)

The filesystem problem appears to be truly gone.

HOWEVER, I have seen two pieces of "bad" behavior in the last six hours.

1.	A complete and total wedge, including the keyboard controller.
	DDB was inop during this, of course (no keyboard = no interrupt =
	no DDB)

2.	An unsolicited reset (NOT a panic!) from the same kernel.  This one
	REALLY bothers me, as its darn hard to debug something without a
	dump!

But, from the standpoint of disk destruction, I believe it is now safe to
compile and run the CURRENT kernel.

Karl Denninger (karl@MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly / All Lines K56Flex/DOV