Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 1995 20:02:42 +1596657 (MET DST)
From:      Wilko Bulte <wilko@yedi.iaf.nl>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        jfieber@cs.smith.edu, wilko@yedi.iaf.nl.iaf.nl, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: status of it all?

> > * Putting together a summary of important changes that will be in
> > 2.1 (relative to 2.0 or 1.1.5.1?).  A good job for a
> > FreeBSD-current junkie.
>
> I'll take it.  It's on my mental whiteboard (really should xfer it to
> my TODO file :-) since I need to do this for the next release(s)
> anyway.

	I'm volunteering for proofreading. Not being a -current
user this might emulate the 'ignorant newbie' somewhat ;-)

> > * Hardware compatibilty and reccomendations.  Someone should pick
> > Rod's brain for this one.
>
> I am going to be jumping up and down on his braincase if necessary
> just for 2.0.5 - I NEED a "hardware prerequisites" document on the
> boot floppy!

	Anyone starting to do this should take a look at
the BSDI WWW server. There is a link there somewhere by/from
Paul Vixie discussing hardware for BSD/OS. The document
itself is called something like bsd-os-hwconfig.html.

> > * and more, but my wife needs to use the phone, and I shouldn't
> > be up at 1:00 in the morning wthen I have the flu...
>
> Here, eat some soup!  Get some rest!  You're gonna kill yourself with
> this stuff, child! :)

Grin..

Wilko