Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 1999 23:20:09 -0500
From:      Ford Prefect <fordp@guide.chi.il.us>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gnome-session on FreeBSD 3.2

From what I can tell the session manager is NOT loading.

I do know that gnome-session gets to gtk_main(), I am assuming there is
some sort of problem in the loading/reading of the default.session file,
but that is just a geuss.

I'm gonna continue to play with it, but if you have any more insight it
would be appreciated.

At 05:44 PM 6/18/99 -0700, you wrote:
>On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Ford Prefect wrote:
>
>> I've recently loaded FreeBSD 3.2 on my machine and found I have a problem
>> using gnome-session.
>>
>> Under FreeBSD 3.0 (The last version I've tried this on) I've had my xinitrc
>> simply exec gnome-session and had gnome handle, loading of my window
>> manager, panel and whatever else.
>>
>> Under FreeBSD 3.2 that isnt' working, infact, if I do the following in an
>> xterm:
>> gnome-session &
>> gnome-smproxy
>>
>> the gnome-smproxy fails because it cannot connect to the session manager.
>>
>> I've checked all the config files I know of for X and gnome and can't find
>> any problems, I also checked it against My Redhat 6.0 setup and didn't find
>> any noteable differences.
>
>The session manager is actually starting, yes?
>
>Doug White
>Internet:  dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu    | FreeBSD: The Power to Serve
>http://gladstone.uoregon.edu/~dwhite    | www.freebsd.org

 \ Ford Prefect                   Ahead of my time.    \
  \ fordp@guide.chi.il.us           but only by a week. \
   \ homepage.interaccess.com/~fordp                     \
     \          ((In esperanto where available))           \