Date:      Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:06:54 -0500
From:      "C. Ulrich" <dincht@securenym.net>
To:        Peter Risdon <peter@circlesquared.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Downgrading from current to release or stable?

On Fri, 2003-11-21 at 07:14, Peter Risdon wrote:
> I just moved from 5.1-current to 5.1 release, and fixed a lot of
> problems on a horribly unstable box by doing so. I believe downgrading
> to stable is very awkward, but others will be better qualified to
> discuss that than I am.

On a related note, I know that following CURRENT is a game of risk, but
are current branch releases (such as 5.1-RELEASE) intended to be a bit
more stable and usable than staying constantly up to date with CURRENT?

In other words, is there a pretty good chance that 5.2-RELEASE won't
break my (non-production) workstation too horribly when it comes out? Or
does it carry the same exact risks as following CURRENT?

Thanks,

Charles Ulrich
--
http://bityard.net