Date:      Tue, 07 Feb 2006 16:49:14 +0100
From:      =?windows-1252?Q?Uro=9A_Gruber?= <uros.gruber@vizija.si>
To:        "Matthew D. Fuller" <fullermd@over-yonder.net>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: php-cli and php-cgi

Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 04:30:55PM +0100 I heard the voice of
> Uro?? Gruber, and lo! it spake thus:
>
>> I need some example how to cleanly install both of them from ports.
>>

> I don't know that there _is_ a "cleanly" option.  I built lang/php
> because I want the Apache module and the command-line version, then
> manually build (but not install) the php-cgi port, and copy the
> resulting PHP binary to /usr/local/bin/php-cgi (and it goes ahead and
> uses the rest of the stuff from the main PHP install).  Icky, but the
> best way I found.

I found that to :) But hey isn't this kinda stupid. I would like
something like this:

1. set up all necessary WITH_xxx in pkgtoools.conf
2. portinstall lang/php5-cli
3. portinstall lang/php5-cgi
etc.

If this was possible it can be easy setup both php4 and php5 on
different locations.

You give great example. mod_php and cli is possible but cgi and cli is
not. Why? Mainly because of
file name. I'm not good at making ports, but i this this could be done
to install cli with /usr/local/bin/php
and cgi as /usr/local/bin/php-cgi or maybe even php5-cgi etc.

For now I need manually copy binaries to right location and make right
ini files.

regards

Uros