Date:      Fri, 22 Oct 2004 10:26:25 +0200
From:      Mark Frasa <bsd@frasa.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   [bsd@frasa.net: Re: (g_)vinum]

On 2004.10.21 12:57:53 +0000, Kirk Strauser wrote:
> On Thursday 21 October 2004 12:21, Mark Frasa wrote:
>
> > Arg stupid, off course..
>
> Nah.  There's a lot of information there to go through.  I didn't realize
> how ready gvinum was for production until I edited my /etc/fstab a couple
> of weeks ago to replace /dev/vinum with /dev/gvinum and everything Just
> Worked (tm).  Wish all of my software migrations were this easy.  :)
>
> > You can't imagine how happy i am atm. Now i finally can move on.
> >
> > Thanks a million.
>
> You bet.  Take care!
> --
> Kirk Strauser

Right,

can you or anyone tell me how to make gvinum load automatically?

In /boot/loader.conf I set:

vinum_load="YES"
vinum.autostart="YES"

This doest not work, even:

gvinum_load="YES"
gvinum.autostart="YES"

When i boot in single user mode and i mount the gvinum volumes, everything is OK!
Thus it really is the problem of the autoload and start of vinum.

Mark.