Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 2002 00:45:55 -0700
From:      Benjamin Krueger <benjamin@seattleFenix.net>
To:        Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
Cc:        FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: How to enable scrollwheel mouse?

* Peter Leftwich (Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com) [020807 22:52]:
> Hello, I am running XFree86 4.2.0 and KDE with the Konqueror browser (both
> 2.2.2) and my mouse works fine but the scroll wheel does not scroll the
> page in Konqueror.  Is this something to fix at boot time (when moused or
> /dev/ums0 is called), in X, in KDE, or what?  Puzzlin.
>
> --
> Peter Leftwich
> President & Founder
> Video2Video Services
> Box 13692, La Jolla, CA, 92039 USA
> +1-413-403-9555

This is going to be defined in your X config. I have a mouse with two scroll
buttons, so my configuration looks like this:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
				Driver      "mouse"
				Option      "Protocol" "auto"
				Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
				Option      "Buttons" "7"
				Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

Your config will probably look more like:

Option      "Buttons" "5"
Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

--
Benjamin Krueger

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about."
- Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900)