Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:03:47 +1100
From:      Antony Mawer <fbsd-hardware@mawer.org>
To:        Tim Aslat <tim@spyderweb.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel dq965gf & onboard thernet

On 13/03/2007 8:46 AM, Tim Aslat wrote:
> I have a server I'm building up for production within a small company,
> and I'm using this particular board.  Initially I had trouble with the
> onboard PATA controller now being recognised, so I got around that with
> an external USB CD-ROM for installing.  My problem is actually concerned
> with the onboard Intel EtherExpress Pro 1000.  I can't make it connect
> at 1000baseTX at all, although the 100baseTX works fine, as long as I
> let it autodetect.  If I manually configure the 100baseTX using
> ifconfig, I get a lot of errors on the interface and I'm not sure of the
> exact cause.
>
> Currenly installed is the following version of FreeBSD with a custom kernel
> # uname -a
> FreeBSD mail.biocentral-labs.com 6.1-RELEASE-p3 FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p3
> #2: Wed Oct 11 19:14:10 CST 2006

My first suggestion would be to give 6.2-RELEASE a try on this board. It
should pick up the onboard Ethernet card without any hassles.

Support for the onboard PATA controller has recently hit -CURRENT
(thanks sos@!); I'll be attempting a backport to 6.2 for our own
internal builds in the next 48 hours, so can report how that goes... for
those interested, it looks like src/sys/dev/ata/ata-chipset.c, revision
1.179, is the relevant commit...

--Antony