Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:25:26 -0700 (MST)
From:      Technical Director <trodat@ultratrends.com>
To:        jens <jthys@wanadoo.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: logitech usb camera driver and setup howto

jens,

As far as I know there is no current running application or device driver
for the USB Camera from Logitech. They (Logitech) have not been
forthcoming with their support for other operating systems then the
usual. The SDK's are for Win32 systems and don't really help too much
besides give you some possible ioctl() calls... ugen# is the generic
device driver for USB and picks up the wording "Logitech Camera" from the
device using general USB commands.

I also believe that the traditional "Linux stuff runs on FreeBSD" in this
case does not apply, at least for me...

I am working on a driver but have been very frustrated with the lack of
Logitech's support and information crucial to interfacing with this
device.

If someone has already cut code or is willing to work with me or me with
them please let me know.

R.